Curriculum: English PDF and Italian PDF
Since March 16, 2020, I am Associate Professor of the Geoemtry group at the Mathematics Department of Università degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro.
I obtained my PhD in Mathematics at Sapienza, Università degli Studi di Roma on December 15th 2006, defending the thesis "Differential Graded Lie Algebras and Deformations of Holomorphic Maps'', advisor Prof. Marco Manetti.
I obtained my Degree in Mathematics at Sapienza, Università degli Studi di Roma on July 18th, 2002, ddefending the thesis "Su Certi gruppi di Permutazioni" (On Some Permutation Groups), advisor Prof. Marialuisa J. De Resmini.
- November 6, 2006 - December 6, 2006: Visitor at SISSA.
- February 2007: Visitor at the Mittag-Leffler Institute (Djursholhm, Sweden) during the "Moduli Sapces" Program, Spring 2007.
- December 2006- January 2009: Post doc in the Mathematical Phisycal Sector of SISSA; Research field: "Moduli Spaces and Deformation Theory"; Supervisor: Prof. Barbara Fantechi.
- March 2009 - September 2009: Post doc at the Institut fuer Mathematik, Johannes Gutenberg-Universitaet, Mainz (Germany).
- October 2009 - March 2010: Visitor at the Max-Planck-Institut fuer Mathematik in Bonn (Germany).
- April 2010 - December 2010: Post doc at the Mathematics Department of Sapienza Università di Roma; Research field: "Algebraic Geometry"; Supervisor: Prof. Kieran O'Grady.
- December 17, 2010 - March 15, 2020: Researcher at the Mathematics Department of Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro".
- January 1, 2012 - 31 December 2013 : Marie Curie Fellow at the Department of Mathematics of IMPERIAL COLLEGE, London. What's that?
Publications and Teaching
Organization of Conferences
- "MJdR, A conference in honour of Marialuisa J. de Resmini", Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- "Workshop in Deformation theory II", Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- "Algebraic Varieties and their Moduli", Centro Ennio De Giorgi, Pisa.
- Winter School Workshop in Deformation Theory III, 19-23 February 2018, Bari, Italy.
- Workshop Indam Birational geometry and Moduli Spaces, 11-15 June 2018, INdAM, Roma, Italy.
- Online Workshop "Toric Fano Varieties and Beyond", December 4th, 2020
- FP7-PEOPLE-2010-IEF: Marie-Curie Action:"Intra-European fellowships for career development" Title: Deformation Theory and Moduli Spaces in Algebraic Geometry. Fellowship MARIE CURIE 24 months at Imperial College, London (ne ho usufruito solo dal 1 Gennaio 2012-30 Settembre 2012 e 1 gennaio 2013-31 Dicembre 2013 per esigenze didattiche(!)).
- Principal Investigator of the Project: "Spazi di Moduli e Algebre di Lie Differenziali Graduate", supported by Fondi di Ateneo dell'Universitaà degli Studi di Bari, for Progetto Prin 2015 (not supported by MIUR, evaluation 13/15), April 2017-April 2018.
- Member of gruppo nazionale INDAM per le Strutture Algebriche, Geometriche e le loro Applicazioni G.N.S.A.G.A. (Geometria algebrica e algebra commutativa).
- Participant of Progetto Fondi di Ateneo 2010, Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza", Scientific Coordinator: Prof. Marco Manetti.
- Participant of Programma di Ricerca Prin 2009, "Teoria di Lie e generalizzazioni Forme modulari Topologia di spazi di moduli Teoria dell'indice Geometria algebrica complessa", Scientific Coordinator: Prof. C. De Concini.
- Participant of Progetto Futuro in Ricerca 2012, "Prospettive in Teoria di Lie", Scientific Coordinator: Prof. A. De Sole
- Participant of Programma di Ricerca Prin 2012, "Spazi di Moduli e Teoria di Lie", Scientific Coordinator: Prof. C. De Concini.
- Member of Collegio dei docenti del CICLO XXIX del Dottorato di Ricerca in Informatica e Matematica, Università degli Studi di Bari, Bari.
- Advisor of Tesi Triennali in Matematica 7: 6 (July 2016, December 2016, March 2017, October 2017, July 2018, Ocotber 2020) +1 (Erasmus May 2020).
- March 25, 2015: "Numeri e Crittografia", Orientamento Consapevole: "La Matematica tra numeri e forme, algoritmi e modelli", Dipartimento di Matematica, UNIBA.
- June 27, 2015: "Crittografia: Da Whatsapp a Wikileaks, tra spie e segreti di Stato", in collaboratin with Sabina Milella, (slides), in " Alumni Mathematica al Bgeek", Bgeek, Palaflorio Bari.
- May 28, 2016: "Mathoon: la matematica da guardare", in collaboratin with Sabina Milella, (slides) in " Alumni Mathematica al Bgeek", Bgeek , Palaflorio Bari.
- June 10, 2017: "Shapes: design, computer graphic, big data e topologia", in collaboratin with Sabina Milella, (slides) in " Alumni Mathematica al Bgeek", Bgeek , Palaflorio Bari.
- September 29, 2017: Poster, in collaboratin with Sabina Milella, Notte Europea dei Ricercatori, Bari.
- October 7, 2017: "Matematica e Computer graphics", in collaboratin with Sabina Milella, (slides), XXXIV Convegno Umi-CIIM, Bari.
- May 18, 2018: "La Matematica Top Secret: Privacy vs Big Data", in collaboratin with Sabina Milella, (slides), Il Carnevale della matematica dal vivo, organized by MaddMaths! 18-19 Maggio 2018, Napoli.
- June 2, 2019: "Alt(r)e Sfere", in collaboratin with Sabina Milella, in " Alumni Mathematica al Bgeek", Bgeek , Fiera del Levante, June 1-2 2019, Bari.
- May 25, 2020: "La matematica top secret: Privacy vs Big Data", in collaboratin with Sabina Milella, in Webinar Indire in Collaborazione con l'INdAM.
- Member of "Comitato di Valutazione della Ricerca" of Dipartimento di Matematica, for the Geometry Sector.
- Post Docs Positions Blog: An attempt to collect some PhD/PostDoc/Permanent positions in geometry.
- September 14, 2021: "Deformations of Calabi-Yau manifolds in Fano toric varieties", Workshop "Moduli spaces and hyper-Kahler varieties in Rome" Universitaà degli studi di Roma La Sapienza.
- September 24, 2019,: "Deformations of varieties and vector bundles", Friends in Algebraic Geometry, 23-25 Settembre 2019, Università̀ degli Studi di Torino, Torino.
- February 1, 2019: "DG-Lie Algebras and deformations of pairs", Belgian-Dutch Algebraic Geometry Seminar, Utrecht University, Utrecht, Olanda.
- January 21, 2019: "DG-Lie Algebras and deformations of pairs", Higher Structures Structures Supérieures, CIRM Luminy, 21-25 Gennaio 2019, Marsiglia, Francia.
- December 20, 2018: "Deformation Theory and Moduli Spaces" invited speaker, Aeneas Conference: Migrating Algebraic Geometry, Università degli Studi di Roma 3, December 20-21 2018, Roma.
- September 13, 2018: "DG-Lie Algebroid and deformations of log varieties" invited speaker, INdAM Workshop Poisson Geometry and Higher Structures, 10-14 September 2018, Rome.
- August 1, 2017: "Deformations of pairs via DG-Lie algebras" invited speaker, GAP XV-State College, The Pennsylvania State University, July 31 -August 4 2017, State College, USA.
- September 13, 2016: "Unobstructed deformation problems" invited speaker, Women in Homotopy Theory and Algebraic Geometry, 13-15 September 2016, Berlin.
- August 30, 2016: "Unobstructed deformation problems" special session: Classification of Projective Varieties and Related Topics, 1st Join Meeting Brazil-Italy in Mathematics, Rio de Janeiro 29 agosto- 2 Settembre 2016.
- May 25-June 5, 2015: "Some Deformation Theory" short course at "Algebraic varieties and their moduli", Centro di Ricerca Matematica, Ennio de Giorgi, Pisa.
- June 10, 2013: "Deformations of pair (X,D)" Imperial College Londra.
- July 11, 2012: "Obstructions of complete intersections" al Seminar Geometrie-Topologie, Univerity of Bielefeld, Germany.
- March 8, 2012: "Ostruzioni di intersezioni complete", al convegno: Giornate di Geometria 3, 8-9 Marzo 2012, Dipartimento di Matematica, Università di Pavia.
- October 4, 2010: " Modern Deformation theory", at "Young Researchers in Arithmetic and Algebraic Geometry", Johannes-Gutenberg University in Mainz.
- November 16, 2009: " Teorema di Bogomolov-Tian-Todorov: una dimostrazione algebrica", Unviersity of Milano.
- October 23, 2009: " Introduction to deformation of maps", Max-Planck-Institut fuer Mathematik, Bonn (Germania).
- September 25, 2009: " A new look at the BTT-theorem", at " MJdR, A conference in honour of Marialuisa J. de Resmini", University of Studies of Rome " La Sapienza".
- June 4, 2009: " Deformation theory via DGLA", at "i-MATH School on Derived Algebraic Geometry", Universidad de Salmanca (Spain).
- Febraury 18, 2009: " Deformation theory via DGLA" at "Workshop on Deformation Theory in Algebraic Geometry", Johannes-Gutenberg University in Mainz.
- May 20, 2007: "Differential Graded Lie Algebras and Deformation of Holomorphic maps", "Workshop GEOMETRIA DIFFERENZIALE E GEOMETRIA ALGEBRICA", University of Milano.
- February 20, 2007: "Differential Graded Lie Algebras and Deformation of Holomorphic maps", at the Mittag-Leffler Institute of Stockholm (Sweden).